Wednesday, July 11, 2012

YOU WIN! The Yoga Daily Double

"Be the change you want to see in the world."

"Do one thing a day that scares you."  

Gandhi and Eleanor Roosevelt's quotes are on my desk reminding me what I want to do in life.  But how?
How do you live like Gandhi and Mrs. Roosevelt?  One sure way I've seen and experienced working to make me "be the change" and take the scarier, more challenging road is my study of Yoga philosophy, practicing Hatha Yoga and bringing Yoga practices into my daily life. So I'm going to promise to type on this blog, one suggestion, one hint, or inspiring thought each day that might help you live your life to the fullest and experience more joy, more focus, more relaxation.  This does SCARE me-- as you know, I've haven't been very good at keeping my promises online.  Remember the study of the Sutras?  I think I did that for a week.  But I promise right now-- each night I won't sleep until I put one helpful suggestion down that has worked for me in the past. Okay here we go.  I promise to do this every night for a month.  And what little thing do I ask of you?  To try it.  If it works, or if it doesn't work for you, let's talk about it on the blog.  You'll be helping others and we'll have a good laugh along the way. 
Everyone who comments gets put in the running to win a Relaxation CD created by me.  I'll pick the winner on August 11th- one month from today.
What do you say?  You up for the challenge?
The Yoga Hint of the Day is:
If you want to start meditating and you can't seem to make time to do it.  Try promising yourself that you will not eat breakfast until you do a little meditation.  This hint comes directly from my Guru, Rev. Jaganath Carrera.  It works!
Good luck! Lots of love, light and laughter to you!

--Yoga Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was born through the inspiration and teachings of Rev. Jaganath Carrera and The Yoga Life Society. www.yogalifesociety.com