Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Less Sleep/More Meditation

Good morning.  Yes, I forgot to write a blog post last night.  I was preparing to send out scripts today and continued hole punching and printing out cover letters until 10pm.  When it is 10pm we try to stop everything and go to bed.  Even Yoga Dog walks into his crate around then without our prompting.  It would be nice if we were sleeping by 10pm because I am at my best when I get 8 hours of sleep.  But although I did not keep my word about a blog a day, I am meditating every day.  Luckily with mediation comes some extra energy and one needs less sleep.

It is also helpful with turning off the part of the mind that causes anxiety and so many more uncomfortable mind whirling situations.  See the study that Yale did:

http://news.yale.edu/2011/11/21/tuning-out-how-brains-benefit-meditation


So please forgive me for not putting out a blog last night.  I have a whole bunch of ideas I want to write about but they take time.  So do not worry-- I will try to get one out later today and keep it going the best I can.

Yoga has taught me to be kind to others, to the Earth and even to myself.  So I will try to forgive myself.  Hope you do too!

Much love, light and laughter today!  And stay cool!

-- Yoga Girl

1 comment:

  1. We're a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your site provided us with valuable info to work on. You've done a formidable job and our whole community will be thankful to you.
    Look into my blog : geniales Yogastudio

    ReplyDelete

This blog was born through the inspiration and teachings of Rev. Jaganath Carrera and The Yoga Life Society. www.yogalifesociety.com