Friday, July 13, 2012

New Yoga Tip of The Day

Day Two of the Yoga Daily Double and I have to admit-- I'm already regretting saying that I'll post a tip a day for a month.  My husband said, "What?  Another thing you've committed to?"  Yes, another thing.  But isn't that just how life is?  You decide you want to do something and the universe comes in to test you as if its saying, "Are you sure you want to do that?"

I know I feel better and interact with the world with more patience and reverence when I am in my Yogic mindset.  (So although this Yoga Tip of the Day might look like Karma Yoga, I can't call it that because I get so much out of it.  I get into my Yogic mindset because I'm thinking-- what did I do today or what SHOULD I do today to share with everyone later?)

Today's Tip:  Find the right soundtrack.

Every filmmaker knows that your movie will be ruined with the wrong soundtrack.  The same goes for the daily routine of life.  Choosing the right soundtrack can help get you in the mood.  So here's a few suggestions from some amazing artists.  Snatam Kaur, Wah!, Girish and Swami Cat's dear friend, Robin Renee.  I recommend going to their websites and ordering all their music.  Their voices and rhythms are such a mood lifter.

 Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was born through the inspiration and teachings of Rev. Jaganath Carrera and The Yoga Life Society. www.yogalifesociety.com