Sunday, August 5, 2012

Tonight I spent a really beautiful evening eating dinner outdoors at Bald Pate Mountain.  A friend made the most beautiful vegetarian, dairy free dinner for us.  I couldn't have asked for a better dinner of quinoa and summer veggies, eggplant dip and roasted beet salad.  I can still taste the amazing pumpkin and coconut milk custard she made for dessert.  Food, good friends and the view of a gorgeous sky, tops of trees and hawks flying above us. Of course we had to rush down the mountain as the dark clouds rolled in and the wind came in like a warning of a twister. 

http://www.njhiking.com/nj-hikes-baldpate-mountain.php

If you haven't been to Bald Pate, I highly recommend it, it is hiking in NJ that looks like New Hampshire.  And there's some old houses that are fun to explore and imagine what it would have been like to have lived on top of this mountain, back in the day.

So we got a little rained on.  It was actually quite fun being rained on.  We didn't melt, like the Wicked Witch of the West.  It wasn't cold, so that wasn't a problem.  Brought me back to my childhood, jumping in puddles and running inside my parents' garage to watch the rest of the rain come down.

My Yoga Tip of the Day:  Spend some time in the rain or watching the rain, soak in those negative ions. 
They really do lift your mood.  Check out what it says on Web MD about negative ions: http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/negative-ions-create-positive-vibes

May you realize in this lifetime, pure peace, love and lightness of spirit.

-- Yoga Girl

1 comment:

  1. You inspired me..I hiked Bald Pate today I never found the view I was looking for I think I was on the wrong trail or didnt go far enough It was a very peaceful walk

    ReplyDelete

This blog was born through the inspiration and teachings of Rev. Jaganath Carrera and The Yoga Life Society. www.yogalifesociety.com