Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Back To School

It's that time-- the time when people ask me, "So are you ready to go back to school?"  The answer is always no.  No and I don't want to talk about it.  I still have a week of "my time" which translates to time to do Yoga in the morning, walk the dog and work on my writing career.  Also this summer I took on the tremendous responsibility of starting up a theatre company.  nowtheatrecompany.org
Therefore the words, "back to school" bring  up a bit of fear and worry.  How will I continue to keep my peace and juggle all the beautiful things I've kept in the air during the long days of summer? 


Live with the anticipation that something incredible 
might happen at any time. -Sharon Gannon


Dinesh, one of the Outdoor Yogis I met this summer passed along this wonderful blog with quotes from the major Yogis of today who led workshops at the Omega's On Being conference this summer.  And guess who is quoted right in the midst of Sharon Gannon and Seane Corn-- It is Jersey's own Yoga Master, disciple of Swami Satchidananda, Founder and Head of the Yoga Life Society-- yes, you guessed it-- Rev. Jaganath Carrera.  

Compassion is the remedy for all suffering and pain. 
Our instinct is to keep suffering at arms length, but compassion requires
 a direct encounter, an embrace with pain. We realize our pain all plays the same song. 
Don’t be afraid to embrace pain – your own or others.  
We have to embrace the whole. That’s yoga. 
-Rev Jaganath Carrera


It is so special that we have such a well-respected Teacher/Guru/Yoga Master within an hour's drive of us at all times.  He teaches in North Jersey often, Colts Neck once a month and many other locations by the shore and in Princeton sometimes.  
So what are we waiting for?  An invitation?  Here it is! Let's see this upcoming "school year" as time for us to learn something new!  That is what they say keeps a person young-- never stop learning.  The more we learn, the more we can pass it onto others, by just the way we live.
I will try to focus on what I shall be learning this year, instead of what I have to do to teach, because that always makes me lose sleep.  My new mantra from Shannon Gannon... I will, "Live with the anticipation that something incredible might happen at any time."
Om Shanti,
Yoga Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was born through the inspiration and teachings of Rev. Jaganath Carrera and The Yoga Life Society. www.yogalifesociety.com