Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Kirtan

Kirtan, for me, is the easiest way to get out of my head.  I feel like I'm floating.  At home in front of pictures of Guruji, Swami Satchidanandaji and Swami Catji -- if my meditation isn't going so smoothly I begin to chant.  My go to chant is usually Jai Ganesha in order to remove the obstacles that are making meditation so hard that morning but then I usually branch out into other tunes that I've heard at different kirtans.  Wah's Om Nama Sivaya is so spiritually uplifting and Girish's Sita Ram makes my body sway (which is always good since my back is constantly stiff and movement helps.)  Now I have a new go to song:  Robin Renee's Chant (Words and Music.)  J and I heard her live the other night at One Yoga Studio.  She's been touring all over the country so it was a treat to have her perform right in the neighborhood.  She invited Swami Cat to the performance via Facebook so of course he came along as well.  It was a lively, moving night.  Swami Cat even jumped up and played harmonium with her at the end of the evening. 

Jai Robin Renee!  Check out her CD's Live Devotion and Spirit.Rock.Sexy.  (www.robinrenee.com) She mentioned a new album coming out soon.  I can't wait.   

-- Yoga Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was born through the inspiration and teachings of Rev. Jaganath Carrera and The Yoga Life Society. www.yogalifesociety.com