Friday, September 21, 2012

I continue to learn Yogic lessons by walking the dog.  I take deeper breaths, watch for falling stars and notice how many spider webs there are this year.  In the past year and a half with Yoga Dog, I've met more people in the neighborhood and spent much more time outdoors. 

He reminds me that life is about living in the moment.  All moments are new, a new smell, another person to meet, another squirrel to watch.  I'm always fascinated watching him jump into the car not knowing where we are going but excited for the journey.  This is how I want to live.

I hope he knows how grateful I am for him.

-- Thank you all for the wonderful summer of Yoga.  Now that I am back to my day job, I am already planning drama club rehearsals and feel right back in the hectic web of it all.  But I am trying to remember that although I am busy, all of it are things I have chosen to do, and all of them bring me much joy. 

And so here's to staying in the joy amidst the hustle!

Tomorrow's Outdoor Yoga, no one has emailed me about joining me and so I've decided to cancel it. 
You can join us for an environmental walk and dance performance in Hopewell tomorrow at 2:30-- called Dancescapes NJ.  http://www.passagetheatre.org/index.php/mainstage/dancescapes-nj

Then Global Mala on Sunday!  So excited-- Outdoor Yoga in a football field with thousands of Yogis chanting 108 Om's and then practicing Yoga together.  Really, it's only a donation of $27 and if that doesn't work for you they won't turn anyone away-- it's a beautiful event.  And my not-so-secret political crush will be there-- Mr. Corey Booker.  So-- you know, it's worth checking that out!
http://globalmalanj.org/

And then I'm celebrating my nephew's year of living after his unfortunate brain injury.  AVM they call it.  Last year at this time I think he was in a medically induced coma.  He's such a sweetie, so glad he's up and around, making us all laugh again.

Well, enjoy the last night of summer.

Blessings to all!

Namaste,
Yoga Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was born through the inspiration and teachings of Rev. Jaganath Carrera and The Yoga Life Society. www.yogalifesociety.com