Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Busy Months

And how are you coping with the busy days of winter?

My week is filled with running, running, running.  Drama club auditions this week, breaking hearts for some and boosting confidence in others, while also producing the upcoming show A Dickens Christmas.  Working on sound today for Cricket on the Hearth part of A Dickens Christmas.  And the work week felt long.  It wasn't, but it felt it.

And so J and I took in a Yoga class yesterday at the Freehold Yoga Center.  Ahhhh.
It's been so long that I almost forgot how good it was to participate in a full 1 1/2 class with fifteen minutes of pranayama.  When I practice at home there are a few shortcuts that happen since I feel the need to make the class shorter.  And there's something about the energy in a room full of Hatha Yoga practitioners that makes me sink deeper into myself.  Maybe their energy helps me focus, or relax.  Or maybe it is being outside of the house in a space for a certain fixed amount of time that gives me permission to let go of my daily life rushing around.  Whatever it is, I'm grateful for it.

And this Thanksgiving, I will be thanking Sri Guruji, Swami Satchidananda and Swami Sivanada for the blessing of Yoga lessons they've passed down to me.

What is it you're doing to help you stay grounded and let go of the rush of this time of year?

And if you'd like to cozy up to a good story check out the new NOW Theatre Company website including the page on A Dickens Christmas.  The show's in 2 1/2 weeks in East Brunswick, NJ.

nowtheatrecompany.org


Much relaxation and Om to you,
Yoga Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was born through the inspiration and teachings of Rev. Jaganath Carrera and The Yoga Life Society. www.yogalifesociety.com