Saturday, November 24, 2012

Time Flies...

...when you're busy.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  I hope you have been able to keep the Yoga practice going throughout the extended weekend.  I dragged my behind out of the house this morning to take a Hatha class and I'm so glad I did.  It's been awhile since I've taken a Yoga class for many reasons-- but this class was just what I needed.  My back hasn't been right for weeks and I mentioned that the wonderful smart powers that be at Horizon say I can't go to the Chiropractor on my plan until the new year.  So I've been waiting until I really have to go to see Dr. B.  I think that my out of whack back and neck made me feel nauseous and dizzy.  I was snorkeling in Jamaica (Did I mention J and I went away) and after the pretty strong waves pushed me around for an hour I got out of the water and didn't stop spinning until a few days ago.

Yoga has been a life saver.  Without it, I would be miserable, cranky and achy.

So what has happened since we last spoke?

The power was off at our place for a week.  The night we came home to pack for Jamaica it came back on.  I was grateful not to have to pack in darkness and freezing.

We almost missed our flight to Jamaica.  In fact we did and then had to book another one.  Then had tons of traffic coming back into town.  Never again JFK airport-- just too crazy

I had a really great play reading of A Blessed Unrest.  I am so grateful for the actors, the director and the audience that came that night.  It was so wonderful to hear that they were moved by the play and I continue to get emails giving me feedback on the piece.  It is nice to know that it will have a life outside of my computer.

Had a fun time playing games with the family at Thanksgiving.  I also owe a few relatives the recipe for Moroccan Spaghetti Squash.  So flavorful.

And now all I can think about is helping those who still have no power, no place to live-- so I want to go teach Yoga somewhere.  If anyone knows of a shelter or studio that wants to do a free Yoga class for those who are stressed out because of Sandy-- I'd really like to do that.  Maybe even do a kids Yoga class with Swami Cat, but I have to practice some for that.

What I am doing is going to the Yoga Benefit to raise money for Sandy at Freehold Yoga Center Dec. 8th from 1pm to 4pm.
It would be wonderful if we could all practice together and spread the good karma.  Be well.
Om Shanti.

 -- Yoga Girl




No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was born through the inspiration and teachings of Rev. Jaganath Carrera and The Yoga Life Society. www.yogalifesociety.com