Thursday, October 18, 2012

Russell Simmons, the Hip Hop producer does Yoga.  "I recognize the goal of Yoga practice is to put you in the same space that Muslim, Christian, Buddhist and many other practices put you in.  I recognize there are as many roads to G-d as there are people."

This is an excerpt from the inspirational book "One Can Make a Difference" by Ingrid E. Newkirk the founder of PETA.  I finished this book after casually reading it, taking my time and enjoying each essay by a different influential person.  Paul McCartney, Bridget Bardot to a not so famous influential woman who started dog parks not that long ago. 

I highly recommend this book.  I sometimes feel the doubt creep in that little ol' me can't change the world for the better.  But this book reminded me that one person, sharing, caring and going that extra mile can make a difference.

Hope you have a brilliant day.

-- Yoga Girl



No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was born through the inspiration and teachings of Rev. Jaganath Carrera and The Yoga Life Society. www.yogalifesociety.com